Am 07.06.2016 hat die SAP den Patch 8 für den SAP GUI for Java veröffentlicht.
Folgende Neuerungen und Bugfixes sind enthalten (Quelle OSS-Hinweis 2157163 - SAP GUI for Java 7.40 Release Notes)
Enhancements and New Features
- Support for New OS Versions:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Logon Langauge:
- When specifying a language in a connection, now this parameter gets handled immediately when opening the connection instead of later as part of the logon screen. This way, also the logon screen is displayed in the requested language and setting the language also works in cases, when the logon screen is automatically skipped.
- Enhanced Search:
- When editing the search string and hitting return, in special cases an endless loop caused the process to hang.
- Grid Control:
- Grouping cells could result in wrong content to be displayed.
- The undo of inserting a new row could cause an ABAP dump.
- Adding a new row in an empty grid could cause an ABAP dump.
- Icons sometimes have been displayed in adjacent cells with hidden text.
- In case inconsistent table content has been set by the application, an ABAP dump could happen. A workaround has been implemented to prevent sending back unexpected data to the application.
- Html Control:
- An issue with the encoding of POST data has been solved.
- Desktop Integration:
- URLs already encoded have been encoded again. This has caused displaying URLs in an external browser in those cases to fail.